Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Best of Rose City Comic Con 2013

Right out the door, these two boys as a couple of Doctors, caught my attention. There was plenty of Doctor Who cosplay, but I just loved these guys, and boy were they prepared for photos. I asked and they immediately struck a pose.


A GIANT Bender. I loved it.


This guy, though his mask and paint certainly reminded me of a race from Doctor Who, said this was an original idea he came up with, which is awesome. Score for the creativity!


It was great seeing the old Bat Mobile from the classic Batman series. Very cool in person.


I loved this retro comic book style makeup. She looked absolutely fabulous and it was so creative.


This couple was waiting in line for a picture with someone else, and we were in a crowded area, so I wasn't able to get a better shot than this, but their outfits were amazing. I saw plenty of steampunk, but they were certainly beyond everything else, especially with their wings, which were retractable at the pull of a cord. 


There were lots of young faces at the event, but this kid was VERY dedicated. I saw him all through out the day, but only once out of costume, which, by the way, was made up of a million different pieces. This kid certainly has patience.


Always looking for something different, I loved this lady as Jareth from Labyrinth. I tried to be David Bowie once for Halloween and it is hard work. She certainly nailed it.


It doesn't get much better than a father and son Ghostbusters team. Talk about parenting done right.


One of the events of RCCC was Jewel Staite, of Firefly fame, though I was surprised by the lack of cosplayers in her honor. I nabbed these three, though. I was taking photos of the two on the right (characters Wash and Kaylee), when this lady version of Jayne walked by, and they all looked great together.



It's amazing how dedicated some people are. The face and the horns, really the whole outfit. If only he'd gotten the lightsaber right.


My husband and I are huge Borderlands fans, and I have to say, this Lilith was probably the best cosplay I saw of the whole event. She really hit the look right on the head!



My friend (far right) dressed as Galadriel from Lord of the Rings for the event, and we had a bit of a scavenger hunt seeking out other characters from the series. The Gimli and Legolas were together, and we spied them while standing in line for Jewel Staite's panel. The Frodo, whom we had got a picture of earlier, also happened to be there, so we got four people representing Middle Earth. During the course of the day, we also found a Gandalf and a Bilbo.



And last but not least, another Borderlands character. Very creative and different, and she obviously put a lot of work into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment